Look for careers and jobs in secure industries
But instead of wasting time trying to join one of these industries that’s economy driven, and is experiencing some bad times, set your sights instead on those areas of the economy that will remain stable or are even experiencing growth. Yes, they do exist and they include:
– Health Care – Careers such as: special care, nursing, care-giving, medicine or physical therapy. Jobs in the human wellness and support areas are always available as our demographic is aging
– Law Enforcement – Police and security is always a vital necessity and required as the economy worsens
– Information Technology – Jobs in software development and design, computer network administration, internet related positions (website design, coding) is in constant demand and growing
– Customer Support Services – Jobs in customer service or administrative assistance will always be in demand in any economic situation
– Sales Marketing Business Development – If you have a talent for it, you will be in demand. Careers such as product management in the retail or wholesale sectors, product development and the personnel to sell and market them
– Engineering – In our ever evolving world, engineering technology will always be in demand in any situation
– Education – Careers involving school administration, teaching and other related support services will be required as this sector will never go away
Boosting your resume
Focus a lot on your accomplishments
Adapt your resume to the situation
Start by considering the industry you are targeting. If that is a job that requires a strong sales or marketing background, then strongly emphasize your sales background and achievements. If it calls for strong technical or engineering, then state your qualifications, education or achievements in those areas. The more relevant that your resume is to that job, the better you’ll obviously be at landing that position.
Expanding your reach
Always further your education
Keep in mind that these recession proof jobs will be in high demand amongst other job hunters who are most likely considering the same strategies that you are. So it’s paramount that you better qualify yourself. So get better training and experience, and polished up your resume so that it stands out.