We all wake up every morning destined with a purpose. Whether the goal is to further our work and career, find romance or love, lose weight, get rid of bad vices and habits, or gain fame, respect and the notoriety that’s deserved. Why? because it’s our life.
We all have personal ambition, and a reason to wanting to stay motivated. Keeping your attention focused becomes critical.
It’s easy to become distracted or allow failure to derail your plans, and as a result, you’ll never get what you want.
What you need is to abide by a set of proven life tips that will keep you on track. You can then continue to strive towards achieving your dreams and goals despite any setback, failure or distraction, or the many mistakes you make.
1. Worst Case Scenario – At the start of the day, think about the absolute worst thing that could happen. How likely is it that things would get so bad? Probably not very. Remind our self that even if the worst occurs, you have what it takes to overcome any situation, no matter how terrible. This to will pass.
2. It’s the Journey, Not the Destination – Living in the moment is the best source of motivation you will ever find. Enjoy the day to day experience of living your life, both when things are going well and when you are dealing with problems. It will give you a better appreciation of who you are and what you can contribute to the world around you.
3. Power Up! – Success requires a lot of energy. To get what you want, you’ll need the physical strength to achieve it. Take care of your body, exercise regularly, eat right and eliminate processed foods, fast foods and other toxins from your environment. This will strengthen your body, your mind and also your will, and give you the endurance you need to do whatever you want to accomplish. When you feel better, you’ll be better!
4. Today Is All You Can Influence – Accomplishing long term goals is a moment by moment activity. You can’t change what has happened in the past, but you can influence what will happen in the future by focusing on achieving the goals you set for yourself each day. Do the very best you can with what you have to work with right now. If you do, the future will take care of itself.
5. Be Inspired Passion – People who don’t care, don’t succeed. Passion is one part emotion and one part commitment. If you have commitment but no passion, your work will be dull. If you have passion, but no commitment, your work will be unfocused. But when the two come together and you bring real passion to what you do each day, there can be no stopping you.
6. Create a Motivational Environment – Your home and workplace needs to inspire you, whether it’s an office, a playing field, or wherever you are going to spend the biggest part of your day. Make it a place that you will want to look forward to going. Make sure it’s always neat, organized and trash and clutter-free. Personalize your space with family photos that make you smile or a small plant. Include motivational triggers that will remind you of your goals and dreams and inspire you to keep striving to achieve them.
7. Your Word Is Your Bond – Living up to the promises you make, both big and small, is what defines you in the eyes of other people. Always stand by your words and take what you promise other with the utmost seriousness. This will improve your personal and professional reputation and also motivate you to get things done. By locking yourself into living up to your verbal commitments, you can create the inspiration you need to live up to the biggest promises you make to yourself: Achieving your ultimate goals.
8. Share Your Knowledge with Others – When you share what you know with others, you will create a new confidence in yourself, especially when you see other people achieve their goals with your help. When we help other people, it also can create a clarity in your own mind about where your true talents lie and what you are capable of achieving.
9. Nurture Positive Habits – About 80% of the things we do each day are habitual, meaning we do them without thinking about them.Developing good habits and breaking bad habits will allow you to spend more than half your time working toward your goals on auto-pilot. Make a list of the successful habits that you need to develop, then train yourself to start performing them daily until they become second nature.