As we grow older, our lives break down into two distinct categories. It comes down to the occupation that we’ve chosen, and the quality and functionality of our relationships. There are just a select few, who can claim that they’re living their ideal dream life. That their career hits all the bullet points based on their aptitude, and they’re matched with their eternal soulmate.
So what you need, is to ask yourself. “Am I living my dream life?” There’s always room for improvement, as there’s usually some type of deficiency or inconsistency, when it comes to especially your work.
Most don’t jump out of bed, filled with utter excitement for the workday ahead. The majority dread what lies in store, as anxiety takes over.
For every parent and educator, their task is to funnel their children or student, to what best fits their aptitude and strengths. The young are then encouraged to choose to do something in their life, that excites them.
That they choose a profession that they’re passionate about, this since they’ll be spending the rest of their lives doing it.
But what the majority end up doing, is going to a job that they hate, begrudgingly going to their workplace full of dread. Most also live paycheck to paycheck, which itself becomes a miserable burden to bear.
Defining A Purpose
The key becomes discovering your defined purpose in your life, before it’s too late. Obviously something that’s easier said than done.
We’re all placed on this earth for a reason, a specific destiny, a set purpose, and then we’re armed with a variety of skills and talents, so you can make yourself and the world a better place.
We have our own unique skill sets, abilities and interests that lends to the greater good of mankind. This provided we choose to fulfill our destined fate. So your quest in your life, is to find what your unique footprint and god given purpose is.
Most believe that they’re living their dream life, but it’s usually fulfilling the dream of someone else. You’re working for the “man,” the boss, without any of the personal payoffs that you want.
Instead, what you get is to survive another day, which becomes your sole motivation. To put food on the table. So as a result, you live a drab joyless existence.
Work That Motivates
Your ideal career should self motivate you. It should give you hope, provide something that’s valuable to serve others, one that closely relates to your purpose.
If that doesn’t exactly describe your current life, then it may be time to reevaluate. Don’t make the excuse that you’re too poor, or too old to change your career. That you’re not smart or confident enough, to do something you love.
Imagine your life a decade, or a few decades from now. Do you think you’ll still be happy doing what you’re doing right now. Or would you rather begin investing your time, towards living a life of your dreams.
The State Of Your Relationships
What’s the state of your current relationships. Who are the most important people in your life right now. Do you even have anyone important in your life? Hopefully yes, but if not, there are steps you can take.
You can begin by improving your social skills, by learning how to make new friends and then developing them. Everyone regardless of who they are, needs some form of human contact in order to survive.
Many have companions that they’re unhappy with. You can’t live your dream life, when you’re always feeling miserable, as those around you should be there to support and encourage you, instead of making you sad.
Finding proper relationships, becomes a critical measurement that most ignore. We witness ourselves or others in unhappy mediocre relationships, and we just convince ourselves that’s how things are, that no one’s ever happy or perfect.
Creating Healthy Relationships
Healthy relationships are just a matter of choice. No one is destined or deserves a failed relationship. Think when you first met your partner, it went beyond chemistry. There was something special. What you need, is to regain that feeling.
Most never bother to learn healthy relationship skills. It’s something we’re just expected to know. Instead, why not learn from someone who already has a strong relationship, and knows how to maintain it.
Living your dream isn’t just intended for a select few, as everyone is entitled to live to their full potential. It’s possible and our right, to live a happy and satisfying life.
Living Your Dreams Out Loud
• First admit that you’re not happy or satisfied with your current occupation or your relationships
• So if you’re not satisfied, then begin to clearly delineate what the issues are, the core source of your unhappiness
• Identify a solution where you’re in complete control. Formulate a plan which doesn’t require someone else to do something differently or something they don’t want to do
• Think of the perfect job or the perfect relationship and how it would feel or look like. Assess all of your interests, abilities, and skills to uncover your definite purpose, what you’re destined to do
• Once you envision it, then ask yourself what’s stopping you? What is it you would need to give up to move towards your dreams. What are the obstacles and the fears that you face
• Formulate a plan which has a reasonable chance of success. It’s not recommended that you quit your job or file for a divorce today. Instead, take baby steps and make sure that you’re making progress on a daily basis
• Develop the courage to take action on that plan. Realize that you won’t get anywhere unless you take action. You don’t need to be great when you’re getting started, but you need to get started to become great. So do something and be steady
Start Living Your Life
If you find it difficult to start living your dream life, fail to realize what your destiny is, then seek out a mentor or a life coach to help you out.
What doing so will do, is provide the right dose of support and encouragement, which will nudge you towards your happiness.